Monday, May 23, 2016

Dinner Date

I have seen many times in the movies the romantic surprise dinner, and one day I decided that I wanted to live that. So, I prepare myself to organize this event for my husband.


Things to do to make this happen:
  1. I found a picnic table in a park with a beautiful view.
  2. Bought a voucher from a website like Living Social or Groupon for a photography session and set the day and time.
  3. Ordered some of our favorite food in advance for the day off.
  4. Got together a table cover, placemats with napkins, wine glasses, plates, utensils and candles.
  5. Bought wine, sodas, water, ice and a dessert dish.
  6. Wrote a note to my husband letting him know that after his work I was going to wait for him at specific address or place (I made a map for him to follow directions). Also asked to please change to the cloth that it was left in his car before leaving for dinner.
  7. Searched in his closet and put together a complete formal outfit to wear.
  8. Went and put the cloth in his car with the note.
  9. I wanted to see his face when he discovered the cloth and the note. I waited close to his car  and called him to his cell and asked if I left my glasses on his car, because I couldn't find them.
  10. After that I left to get dressed for the occasion and picked up the basket with the drinks and decor that I was going to need for the set up.
  11. Went to pick up the food.
  12. Went to the chosen place and began to set the picnic table.

When my husband saw the note his first thought was that I was going to be in a fancy restaurant. Instead he drove to the middle of nowhere. 

He was completely surprised by the idea of being all dressed up for a nice and romantic dinner at the park. Place where we were able to witness a beautiful sunset with a wonderful dinner and better company



No comments:

Post a Comment